Tuesday, February 10, 2009

my daughter myrnaloi


i was looking at my little girl last night. i just couldn't get enough of her. she looks so much like her father but she's the mini-me when it comes to her total package. she has straight, shiny, long hair. whereas i couldn't live without rebonding. she has the total mestiza features minus the color. whereas i got the color but not the mestiza feature. sayang! she plays biatchiness to a T. with that alone, she is soooo me.

she idolizes her father as much as i do mine. she thinks of him first when being asked who her fave is. she snuggles to him everytime we are on a trip. she admits to not being able to sleep without her tatay by her side. she puts up her defenses for him everytime we get into argument. and do i feel jealous? no, not a bit. i am confident that i can change her views in a minute. how? by telling her to just imagine how many baby alive i could give her with my plastic.

one time i was so pikon with parl i had to tell him to get lost. when in the afternoon he complained of high fever that got me into panic. he told me with some tinge of tampo not to worry because i would love to do away with him anyway. i smiled and answered casually, "siguro before, but not now."lo and behold, his little keeper butted in from nowhere: "tay, nanay would love that! she has _______ (referring to a very good friend Parl has nothing to do with except think of him only when it comes to project proposal) anyway!". oh, i think i have to upgrade my silver card to gold!

i have always loved those kikay stuff but since i don't think i can give justice to them, i passed this porma obsession on her. and mind you, she loves it! she can come out with those cute poses effortlessly . but i realized not to push her with it when she was busy playing with friends and with some boy classmates... until it was too late. i just got back from my trip. i was sooo excited with the dresses, blouses and pants i bought her that i made her kulit to try them on. she told me to put the things "somewhere near the bed,"when i insisted that she put it on so i could ask someone to ship and change them if ever anything did not suit her well. she just ignored me that i continued to blabber about her weight gain when she grabbed me by the hand and led me to our room. she then slowly closed the door and whispered, "nay, stop embarrassing me."oh my! and she is only 7 years old! i know i could learn a lot from her. Fifteen years from now, i bet i could claim to be a magna cum laude.... a dream that slipped away when i was too busy with faces, harlequin and euphoria during my college days.

4 comments:

  1. This is a great blog! Add more to this please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how an innocent child can give so much input in our ordinary lives. You do not know me Nilette although I had the pleasure of meeting you way back in 1998. Yes, keep the posts coming. It's nice to quote ordinary stories from a known personality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! i am flattered. thank you for reading my first post here. i plan to write as many funny experiences as i can remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just too funny! :)

    ReplyDelete