Tuesday, February 10, 2009

starstruck

i don't get starstruck so easily. even if the subject is that goodlooking, interesting, and accomplished, i would take it upon myself to think of what those people who already hate me might say. if this does not stop the rush of adrenaline i'm feeling, i would think of my kids' reaction. haha. i just can imagine myrnaloi and nico looking at me in disgust coupled with their pang-asar smirk. if that does not stop the teen-ager tweety in me, i would simply act as dead pan as possible and let out a loud cry infront of my hubby parl afterwards.

these resolutions i threw uncaringly last week. i was in a meeting with my brother lex and one common friend. while waiting for the program to start and trying real hard to wake up due to an after-meal drowsiness, my gaze focused on this individual. he was a bundle of ironies: a beautiful creation with a super sharp tongue, a foreign-laced specimen with a magical ilonggo twang, a "jologs" porma that wrapped itself around a 140plus IQ-ed human being. heck! i couldn't let my mind wander away from him. and i called parl as soon as i found out who he really was. let's just call him X.

well the guy was popular in UP, no doubt about that. he was known for his liberal views. i can only describe him that far. hahaha. kakaawa naman ako pag nalaman niya how i "worship" him.

as the first day was about to come to a close, i decided to do some stretching outside the room. on my way out, i met atty diaz, senator noy's COS (chief-of-staff) . we were discussing my referral to them two days ago. he was asking me why i did not even drop by the senate. then the topic shifted to noy's girlfriend. i asked him if noy is up and about to introducing her to the world. i knew back then the guy was in love. anyways, atty told me to watch the DEAL OR NO DEAL episode come feb. 13. it was noy's turn to play, and my brother junjun's time to act as one of his "advisers."

out of nowhere, X appeared. you can just imagine me looking like an idiot. i was smiling during the entire conversation! atty left us, which until now keeps me guessing on how he eased his way out of our talk, and we had no choice but continue with the topic. he gave me the feeling that he knew me. i was thinking, ah, now i know how it feels to be in oblivion. i have been guilty of making someone feel i know him even if i honestly don't for fear of being rude. having this in mind, i just went on talking, unabashedly enjoying every minute of it. and looking more like my daughter's puppy while hanging on to every word X said. suddenly, i felt my phone vibrate. so i introduced myself to him before making the excuse of taking the call. i was shocked with his response, "Yes, i know but si Junjun ang ka-batch ko." i almost didn't make it going out of the room. i felt like a fan.

on second thought... who cares?! at least he recognized me. sige na nga, another confession. on the second day, i had a souvenir photo taken with him. hahaha. kabaduyan to the highest level.

6 comments:

  1. Yes Ms. Tweets. It only shows that whoever u are and whatever lineage u come from, nobody is immune to attraction. Thank you for your honesty. I admire u & ur husband for your openness to one another. I wish I could have a marriage like urs. I visited ur wordpress account. I got so depressed reading it I decided to stick it out w/ this one. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there! thanks for taking time out to comment. i guess facing one's fears and maintaining an open communication made our marriage what it is now. boy! it wasn't a bed of roses before. we married young and i was too spoiled for a relationship. i think you need to congratulate parl more for his patience. but then again, marriage is a two-way-process. it really takes TWO to tango. add to that, mutual respect and the one UP there should top the list. we'll be celebrating our 12th year anniv soon. after having two kids and weathering the storm that occasionally hit us, i think i have reason to be proud of this marriage! good luck to you. may you find the ONE for you. happy v day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your humor complements your take on life. I have my own column in a daily newspaper. I would love to have coffee with you one of these days. I sent you a personal message on your friendster account.

    ReplyDelete
  4. got your message boss. i'll get back to you soon. hope to see you too. thanks for the comment. i'm tickled pink. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nielette!

    I do not know if you have already received the Honest Scrap award. But I'm giving it to you.You so deserve it. Please drop by my page and read my post regarding that.

    Welcome to Bloggers World!

    Congrats!

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks ron! haven't heard of it yet, sorry. but i'll make sure to drop by your page.

    ingat!

    ReplyDelete